Guest Services Coordinator
Reports to: CEO
Status: Non-Exempt Hourly Staff
Classification: Part Time
Compensation & Benefits: $14-$16 per hour. Benefits package includes Simple IRA with 3% match, ability to accrue PTO, sick time and paid holidays.
The primary role of the Guest Services Coordinator is to provide customer service and administrative support to our members, visitors, and respond to general inquiries via the public. This position assists with administrative operations of the Chamber; and promotes the Chamber within the community.
- Provides support to all staff, members and other stakeholders as requested.
- When scheduled, serve as primary Visitor Center/ Chamber greeter – Answer phones, answer email and walk-in inquiries, and track visitors.
- Responsible for overall appearance of Visitor Center, including cleaning, and control office supplies and inventory.
- Manage Local Information - Straighten and re-stock all brochure racks. Stock office with necessary information on various subjects and demographics to assist the public, Chamber members and prospective businesses, as well as residents.
- Mail: Inquiries – Create tailored information packets for requesting visitors. Create Relocation packets. Responsible for all outgoing mail. Member Mailings – Includes billing, renewals, acknowledgements, member packets, etc. Special – Other special mailing projects as assigned.
Tourism Related Tasks
- Assist with updates to Travel WI Database– Ensure proper member information is listed, update fall color and snowfall reports, trail reports and large community events.
- Assist in updates to Rhinelander Chamber databases: Community calendar, job postings and news releases.
- Promote the benefits of the Chamber and sell new memberships throughout the community.
- Assist in administering Chamber Bucks Program – Utilize QuickBooks to print Chamber Buck Gift Checks, Member lists, etc.
- Events – Assist and attend Chamber run events as required.
- Assist CEO – Assist in management of Retention Plan and general membership correspondence.
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of the Rhinelander area is a must. Strong computer skills, especially in using the internet, Microsoft Office programs, and email. Familiarity with QuickBooks is a plus.Exceptional organization skills and a strong ability to work independently. Must possess excellent communication skills and follow through. Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize. Excellent customer service skills required. The individual must have a demonstrated professional telephone and email etiquette. Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality as needed. Knowledge of the Rhinelander area is a plus.
- Have a positive, welcoming and professional manner in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to succeed in a highly collaborative, team-based environment.
- Have excellent organizational and time management skills, yet remain flexible and adaptable to changing priorities. Must be a self-starter with effective follow-through skills.
- Have well-developed interpersonal skills demonstrated by effectively interacting and collaborating with people of diverse backgrounds and interests.
- Be able to make connections by matching members’ capabilities with requests for assistance from other members, visitors, etc.
- Be able to work flexible hours, including some early mornings and evenings; and occasional weekends for events.
Chamber Master Database, Constant Contact, Microsoft Office Programs, QuickBooks
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by the Rhinelander Area Chamber of Commerce. All requirements are subject to modification at any time for any reason at the Rhinelander Area Chamber of Commerce’s sole discretion.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
Expected hours: 18 – 24 per week
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- 4 hour shift
- Day shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Rotating weekends
Ability to Relocate:
- Rhinelander, WI 54501: Relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person